Can't set up Play 1 or Play 5 speaker to system with bridge

• 30 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I bought a Sonos system a few years ago and used it constantly without problems. Now I moved from Germany to the Netherlands and I am unable to connect the System to the new router, after not using it for 2 years. I changed the country in my profile, reset all the speakers and the bridge, connected the Play 1 speaker per cable to the router and tried the other troubleshooting tips on the website. There is no Mac filtering and I also tried setting it up with the 5Ghz frequency turned off. 

But nothing really seems to work.

Only the Bridge is shown in the S1 App, but the App constantly shows “Unable to connect to Sonos”.

When trying to set up the Play 1 by pressing “Add product” it recognizes the speaker I want to set up (and ask for the wifi password when not connected by cable), however it always stops during the last step and says the speaker couldn’t be found.

So far I couldn't reach the German or Dutch support as the numbers don’t seem to work and the chat is constantly busy.

The system updated when I first connected it here in the Netherlands.

Could it be that some components of the system are to old?

System: Bridge, 2x Play 1, Play 5 (Gen 1)

Hoping for answers.

Cheers,

Lennart

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Bridges are now often quite unreliable. Try wiring one of your speakers instead of the Bridge.  Power off the Bridge. 

Hey,

Thanks that helped!

I just read some of the discussion here in the forum regarding the legacy products/end of support and figured it might be because I tried to use the S1 App. 
Tried it again with the S2 app without the bridge and only the Sonos Play 1’s which worked.

So now another question:

I read here (https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/will-i-still-be-able-to-group-new-and-old-products-together-and-receive-updates-on-newer-products-6836043) that I can put my whole system in legacy mode to control it all in the S1 app without getting any updates.
How do I do that?
Couldn’t find a link which explains it.

Cheers,

Lennart