Answered

Can't reset to factory settings Sonos Play 1

• 28 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello friends, I have a problem with my Sonos Play 1. I tried to factory reset them as described on the official website, but I can't. When the buttons are pressed, the white indicator should flash, then white and orange, and after 10 seconds green. But the green light just doesn't appear or appear at all.
Is there any way to reset the sonos play 1 using an app? It is to reset the speakers through the application, and not to reset the application itself.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 August 2023, 06:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Why are you resetting the speaker?

Did you follow the steps in this article exactly?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Did you follow the steps in this article exactly?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Thank you very much, I tried several times but it doesn't work for my device. The green light just doesn't appear and I can't complete the reset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Get the numbers off the bottoms of the speakers and call Sonos support, maybe they can help.

Userlevel 7

Are you pressing and holding the Play/Pause button until the light flashes white and orange? And once the light flashes white and orange, are you letting go of the Play/Pause button?

Are you pressing and holding the Play/Pause button until the light flashes white and orange? And once the light flashes white and orange, are you letting go of the Play/Pause button?

Exactly. I want to do a factory reset to connect it as new, like a newly bought device. Because it does not work correctly. But I can't do it. The green light just doesn't appear.

Userlevel 7

If you purchased the speaker used, it may be defective. I would contact Sonos Support and have them check it for you.

Badge

I have same issue. One of my Play:1s wasn’t connecting. After basic troubleshooting, I decided to reset (something I’ve done in the past successfully over the years). But it never turns green. It will even show up as a device to add but no tone is heard and when press button as plan B if tone sound doesn’t work, that doesn’t work either. 

In had the same problem with a Play:1. After several resets, I tried connecting it with an Ethernet cable to the router and performed the reset again. After a couple of minutes, the green led appeared and I could add it again to my system.

Tomva has the answer that worked for me. I was only getting an Orange blinking light, never Green. And while it would go through the setup process, it would never play the chime sound (Audio pin).
After connecting an ethernet cable it worked for me like this:

1. Connect an ethernet cable to your Sonos Play 1, and to your internet enabled router or switch
2. Plug in power while holding Play/Pause
3. Wait for the light to blink Orange.
4. Release the button and wait a few minutes. It will blink White for a bit and then will turn Green.

Once you have a green light it should connect properly when setting up, and play the chime audio pin.