Skip to main content
Answered

Can't play through two Roam speakers at same time

• 5 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I have two Roam speakers and want to play the same music through both. This should be an easy process (click on the multi-room/system icon, select both speakers, click apply, and voila) but since a recent app update all I get is "can't connect, please try later" 

This happens whether I start with one speaker or the other. I've hard rebooted both speakers. Still no joy. 

Any ideas?

5 replies

Maybe it’s an issue with your router - what router are you using?
I have seen this type of issue reported previously with Vodafone LTE (SIM card) connected routers which are not officially supported by Sonos, but that’s just a bit of a guess at this stage.

Thanks for the reply.

My ISP is virgin. It's their standard WiFi router. How could the router be impacting it? I can have a fiddle with it, but not sure what to look for. 

Btw, I can connect both speakers separately, just with the same music through both 

Thanks for the reply.

My ISP is virgin. It's their standard WiFi router. How could the router be impacting it? I can have a fiddle with it, but not sure what to look for. 

Btw, I can connect both speakers separately, just with the same music through both 

Ah okay - it was just a thought. So do you see both speakers listed in the ‘About Your System” area of the new Sonos App - if so, are they both running on the same version of the software. If not on the same version, then perhaps check for any updates in the ‘Manage’ area of the App.

Well that's fixed it!

Just updated the software on both speakers (this despite it being on auto updates!?) and it's sorted. 

Thanks so much for that advice. 

Ah glad that sorted it for you. Thanks for posting back the outcome too.👍