Answered

Can't connect my Sonos One to wifi

• 2 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I moved my Sonos One to a new room. When I tried to set it up, it wouldn't connect to WiFi. Nothing else has changed. 

I can connect it via Ethernet. When I try to switch it to WiFi, the first thing the app does is tell me to disconnect the Ethernet cable, so I just get stuck back in the same loop.

All guides say I should be able to switch to WiFi with the ethernet cable still connected, but this is not the case is reality. 

I've spent over 5 hours speaking to customer support and they start from scratch each time and then I get nowhere. My latest call I was in the queue for an hour, on the call for half an hour, and then the agent went silent as soon as I got to the point of having to disconnect the Ethernet cable, then the call ended! 

Edit: just to add things I've also tried which haven't worked: factory reset speaker, reset app, rebooted router, set up a mobile hotspot which also didn't work which shows the problem is with the speaker

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 December 2023, 04:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Without the Factory Reset things might hve been better for you as it wiped any log data Sonos could look at.

If you have gone through the adding a new Sonos device section of the FAQ and not been able to get it set up to use WiFi but it works when wired you may have had a radio failure.

Hook it to Ethernet, get it fully set up aside from the WiFi bit and then try to setup the WiFi again. When it fails hook the Ethernet back up and submit a diagnostic to Sonos. Call them again with the diagnostic’s number and suggest the “radio failure” as a possibility.

If under warranty they will usually send you a replacement, if out of warranty they have a few other options that may help.