Skip to main content
Answered

Can't connect beam to wifi!

• 26 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’d been using my sonos beam and two symfonisk speakers for about a year, but then went ahead and got a new router after changing ISP.

For whatever reason, none of my new devices could then connect to the router. I could see them on my phone, they’d play the chime to register, but then wouldn’t connect to the router/wifi.

After lots of attempts of trouble shooting, I reset all three devices (which might have been a mistake). I was still unable to set up the devices. 

Then reading a little more, I tried to plug in the beam directly to the router to set it up, but still no luck. my phone seems completely unable to see the beam while its connected.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on, or any advice?

Hey @ArgBlarg , welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please refrain from any further resets on the equipment, as valuable information stored within the Sonos products is lost in the process.

Have a look at the following Support Article on how to Connect Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network for future reference.

If you did factory reset the entire system, then you will need to Reset the App, and try to set up as new system, from scratch. 

If that doesn’t work, I suggest you to reach out to Sonos Support, as they can guide you through setting a new Sonos System and get it connected to the new network.

I hope this helps.