Skip to main content
Question

Can't configure Sonus Ray

• 15 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve purchased my first Sonos product a Sonos Ray.  I’ve tried configuring it today via the iOS app but after several attempts and several factor resets the app says the device is added but it doesn’t appear in the app and I can’t see it to use it form apps like Spotify.

The steps for adding the device work fine until I add it a “room” and then it throws an error code when it tries to do a system update.  It continues the process saying it has added the device, but as I’ve said, I can’t see anything.

So far I’ve tried connecting it to my mesh router network, also to my main ISP router network, I’ve reset all networks and the device several times too.  Nothing has worked so far.

Anyone able to advise at all?  Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Do not worry, you are not alone, I suspect all the people purchasing one this weekend will have the same problem both you and I have.

It was my first SONOS product, a Ray, same errors, multiple resets, splitting the SSID to 2.4 Ghz, factory resets, using the ethernet cable... nothing worked.

I had to return my product, got a Bose soundbar instead, sadly SONOS is dealing with this catastrophic app update, have a look on Reddit, everything is in complete meltdown.

Hope you can get it sorted/returned.  I am writing to tell you that most likely you are not doing anything wrong, it's just the app glitching HARD.

Ah, I’ve bought a decent bit of kit that's essentially a brick for now.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I wished I’d looked into Sonos more before making the purchase.