Answered

Can I use my Play 1 as a soundbar?

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have seen a Samsung smart TV which I am about to buy (QE43Q65B) the speaker is poor as I understand it. To avoid additional expense of a soundbar and to improve sound quality I was hoping to connect to one of four Play 1 speakers I already own.

Reading boards I can see this may not be as straightforward as hoped, I am happy to to buy the appropriate lead if required but what I don't want is this to become hard work. Just want to turn on the tv and volume work as normal from the remote. No pulling wires out, recalibration, adjusting settings etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 10 January 2023, 16:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

No, unfortunately the Play:1 is not a replacement for a soundbar. It has no ports to allow the tv audio to be fed into it.

A soundbar from Sonos would be required for the best experience, albeit at the additional expense.

Oh that’s a shame its as I thought, i’ll have to put up with the poor sound for now and invest in a suitable soundbar at a later date. Thank you for responding

Userlevel 7

Oh that’s a shame its as I thought, i’ll have to put up with the poor sound for now and invest in a suitable soundbar at a later date. Thank you for responding

When funds allow, also consider the option of a refurbished product direct from Sonos.

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/certified-refurbished

That`s a good idea, as my phones are refurbished why not the soundbar.

Thank you again