Skip to main content

Hi,

I already own a Sonos One, which I mostly play in the living room.

I was considering to buy another Sonos speaker for another room (terrace) and I was hesitant as to whether I should choose another Sonos One or a more recent Sonos Era 100.

The key new feature of the Sonos Era 100 for me is the ability to connect via Bluetooth, feature which was truly lacking with the Sonos One.

Ideally, I would buy a Sonos Era 100, connect to it via bluetooth, and play on all the house speakers (including the older non-bluetooth Sonos One) in a properly synchronised multiroom way. Are the speakers compatible enough, i.e.: is that supported?

Note that I would not need them to play as a stereo pair, as they will always be located in different rooms. If ever I wanted to benefit from single room stereo, I would then buy a second Sonos Era 100 to play both in stereo, together with the Sonos One in mono mode in a different room (would that work?).

Thanks for your support,

en8jd​​​​​​​

Hi @en8jd 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes - you can play the Bluetooth feed on the Era 100 and group in as many other speakers as you like!

And yes, you can also have stereo pair of Era 100s, Bluetooth to them (well, to one of them, but play on both) and play elsewhere.

I hope this helps.

It does help, thanks for the quick and precise answer Corry! I will order an Era 100 then.

Regards

It does help, thanks for the quick and precise answer Corry! I will order an Era 100 then.

Regards

I wouldn’t be so quick. My Era 100 is essentially a paper weight after their updated app.