Answered

BT Smart Hub 2 Jan 2024 connection problems

• 3 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I have a Sonos play:5 Gen 1 and I cannot connect it to the BT Smart hub 2 (2024). I have spent an entire day with the BT support service and tried all options - I switched off the 5Ghz, I also tried the Mode 2 and 3 - but nothing worked. When I go through the network installation, after adding the network password, the process fails. I have many Amazon echo pop also connected to the hub and not sure this could be a problem? I also tried to do the network installation with all devices switched off apart from my laptop and phone. Still did not work. Any idea why this is happening? With the Virgin media hub everything was fine

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 February 2024, 13:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ValerioV, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have the BT Smart Hub 2 as well but didn’t have any issues when it came to setting up a new speaker. It’s possible that something on your network may be blocking the setup process, though we also can’t rule out an issue with the Play:5 speaker itself.

Regarding your network, do you have any additional networking equipment, such as wireless extenders or extra access points? If so, power them off temporarily and try to set up the Play:5. If you don’t have any additional devices or the previous step didn’t help, I would then suggest temporarily wiring the Play:5 to your router via an Ethernet cable. If this allows you to complete the setup then make sure you swap your system from that wired configuration to a wireless one by following the steps in our support article on switching Sonos between a wireless and wired setup.

Another option would be to try the setup with a different device if you haven’t already, though it will need to be an iOS or Android device.

If the steps above don’t resolve the issue for you, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

I managed to make it work. I put the 5Ghz off and selected mode 2. I also disconnected all devices (amazon echos, extenders, sockets wireless etc) and I finally managed to connect the sonos. Once connected for the first time, I went back to the original configuration and everything worked