Question

Brand new Sonos Roam SL is not pairing with iphone with initial setup

I’ve tried every reset possible and nothing. Roam SL speaker will not pair with iPhone.

iOS app is recognizing speaker but when I go to initiate set up it’s not connecting or finding the speaker and the speaker is touching my phone so distance is not the issue. Wi-Fi is not an issue.

What else can I do?! Bc I’m very close to returning it. 

5 replies

Just tried again with phone and speaker touching while standing above WiFi router..and again nothing.  iPhone is working just fine with everything else. 

Userlevel 2

Exacty same issue with my Sonos Roam

Help! Same here!!!

I feel comforted by the fact I have company - I have exactly this issue and will contact the retailer tomorrow if I don’t find an answer to ask for my money back.  I have lost count of the number of time I have reset and tried and an getting exactly the same messages.  I’ve tried from my ipad and iphone and it makes no difference.  Surely Sonos must know about this and should have an answer?

I feel comforted by the fact I have company - I have exactly this issue and will contact the retailer tomorrow if I don’t find an answer to ask for my money back.  I have lost count of the number of time I have reset and tried and a getting exactly the same messages.  I’ve tried from my ipad and iphone and it makes no difference.  Surely Sonos must know about this and should have an answer?

I returned it asap and got the roam 2. Instant connection. Spent hours trying to get it to connect. Wasn’t worth any more of my time trying on Roam SL…