Answered

Brand New Project T1 phono connecting to stereo pair ERA300s randomly drops channel.

• 26 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of ERA300s. Works great for streaming. However, when turntable is plugged in it usually only plays through the speaker with Line in. After says 15 mins the other speaker will kick in. I have swapped cables and left and right inputs from the turntable and get the same result. Plugging turntable into other hi-fi system does not suffer same results so I am thinking this is related to the Line in on the Sonos.

Help!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 May 2023, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try setting the Audio Delay under the Line-In settings to MAX. You can also try setting the Audio Compression setting in the Sonos app to Compressed.

Hey there. Thanks for the reply. Well it turns out quite a lot were red herrings. I had also noticed that in general streaming took a few minutes to get going. So me fiddling with the record player then it all start working was actually masking the real issue which was Sonos didn’t really like my wireless setup. Luckily I’d bought the aux adapator with Ethernet as well. Once I plugged that in (Ethernet cable)everything sprang to life. So was barking up the wrong tree!