Answered

Bluetooth turntable and Sonos speaker

• 22 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I am researching the best turntable to purchase and I’ve landed on Pro-Ject E1 BT Bluetooth Turntable. I also have a Sons One and a Sonos One SL.

The product info for the turntable states: With Bluetooth version 5.0 you can connect wirelessly to compatible Bluetooth audio equipment, with support for Qualcomm aptX HD and aptX Adaptive codecs for a super-stable wireless connection.

Does that mean I can pair it with my Sonos speakers? How do I know if my Sonos is compatible?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 22 November 2023, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Some Sonos speakers are bluetooth compatible.  The Sonos Ones you have listed under your profile are not.

You would need to get a Sonos device that has bluetooth or aux input to work with this turntable.

Hi there and thanks for the feedback. 

if my Sonos speakers are not Bluetooth then how come I am able to play music on my iPhone via them? Does that not mean they are Bluetooth??

Hi there and thanks for the feedback. 

if my Sonos speakers are not Bluetooth then how come I am able to play music on my iPhone via them? Does that not mean they are Bluetooth??

You are either using Airplay 2, or using one of the various apps which can play directly to Sonos like Spotify or Pandora.  Neither uses Bluetooth.