Skip to main content

I bought a new Play 5 gen 2 in December 2019 with the idea that if I loved it, I would buy a second right away—I wanted stereo. I did love it and but almost immediately Sonos discontinued the model I had just bought, and the new 5 was designed not to pair with the Play 5 gen 2. I called and I wrote Sonos asking to return the unit so I could upgrade. They offered me a 15% credit instead. Sonos wouldn’t stand behind their sale and I was stuck. 

Then this week, two and a half years later I received a survey from Sonos. I told them what had happened and they set up a call. They never called. So I called them and after 40 minutes on hold they escalated the issue. All for naught, they just offered the 15% again. Sonos wasted my time and money.

Really, could you not make up your own post instead of duplicating another?

What utter nonsense.  The Five was announced in May of 2020, released in June 2020, giving the OP 6 months to purchase a match to their Play:5.  In addition they had an entire month after announcement to buy the second unit, knowing full well it was going to be replaced. 

Seems the OPs definition of "right away" and "almost immediately" do not jibe with reality.

It should be noted that the 15% discount for any one who own a Play:5 Gen 2, and that you are not required to return or recycle your existing speaker.  OP could have easily bought a pair of Fives, using the play:5 in another room or selling it.   OP could have also found a retailer that still had some play:5s in stock or took advantage of the used market.