Answered

Audio Delay with Era 100

• 9 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I recently connected my Sony record player to my Era 100 using the Combo Adapter (RCA > Aux > USB-C), and when I play records there is a solid 2-3 second delay between the player and the speaker. (The speaker keeps playing after the needle lifts off the record, or you can hear the music faintly coming off the surface of the record and it’s very different from what’s coming out of the speaker.)

I’ve never had an issue like this with a speaker, and I’m wondering if it’s some error I made in setting it up. Anyone have advice for changes I could make to the setup, or changes within the app? Is it running through too many connections?

icon

Best answer by buzz 9 July 2023, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

There is, I think, and adjustable delay so you may be able to reduce it. But, you cannot eliminate it completely. Sonos started out offering a multi-room multi-speaker music streaming system. To enable synchronised music to multiple speakers it introduces a slight delay when streaming starts. Thus if any data packets are missed they can be resent to ensure music doesn’t have dropouts. For music streaming the delay is generally not an issue. Presumably in your setup you need to be fairly close to the turntable to notice the delay? Or is it an issue from your normal listening position?

Thanks for the response! You have to be standing right over the record player to notice it. I’ve heard of a delay of several milliseconds, but I thought 2 seconds was a little long. Any guidance on how to adjust the delay?

Adjust the Line-In Audio Delay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Adjust the Line-In Audio Delay.

Like that! 

Perfect! It was set to 2,000 ms, so that explains it. Thanks again!