Skip to main content

Most songs that I try to play on my Sonos (two Play:1’s set up as a Stereo pair and a Play:3 plugged in to a Google Nest wifi via ethernet) cut out for the last 10-20 seconds, and it’s just silence until the next song starts. After two one-hour phone calls with Sonos and another one with Verizon, I don’t think it is a network issue… the Sonos rep first tried to tell me that the Verizon “modem/router” was “causing interference” and that I had to put it into “bridge mode” and then after a long time on the phone with Verizon we realized that it was just an ONT box with no router, so there was nothing to put into bridge mode. Then after another hour of support with Sonos they asked me to plug in a speaker via ethernet, which I did, and which still did not fix the issue.

Anyone else seeing this? I’m mostly trying to play stuff locally in my music library but it also happens on streaming songs (didn’t seem to happen with Sonos Radio, but I think radio is treated differently since there’s not the same sort of song start/end concept).

very frustrating!

Don’t know if this would make any difference as it sounds like you had this issue when all the speakers were connected via WiFi ( none connected via Ethernet ).  Question is… Did you turn OFF the wireless radio for the Play 3 after you connected it via Ethernet?  With the Play 3 radio ON did you try connecting all speakers to the SonosNet network?

hmmmm interesting… how can i tell if this is happening?

the Play:3 is set to Enable Wifi but how can I connect the other speakers to SonosNet?

@sglickman 

Are you playing songs from a local Sonos music library and the issue just occurs there?
Streaming doesn’t show this issue? 
If so, it might be a bug of the latest firmware update, because on DE community there were users reporting the same like you. One of them resolved the issue by resetting all Sonos products. 🙈

the Play:3 is set to Enable Wifi but how can I connect the other speakers to SonosNet?

https://doitforme.solutions/blog/how-to-setup-sonos/#:~:text=Just%20plug%20exactly%20one%20Sonos,password%2C%20or%20set%20any%20options.

I think if your wireless speakers are already connected to your home WiFi you have to reset the network then those speakers will automatically connect to SonosNet.  Not sure though because I’ve never used SonosNet.  You may need to investigate how to reset the network.  Don’t factory reset your speakers!

Try what @Schlumpf suggested first.  

@sglickman

Are you playing songs from a local Sonos music library and the issue just occurs there?
Streaming doesn’t show this issue? 
If so, it might be a bug of the latest firmware update, because on DE community there were users reporting the same like you. One of them resolved the issue by resetting all Sonos products. 🙈

Unfortunately this is happening both for a local Sonos music library as well as streaming from YouTube Music.

Hi,

I’ve had exactly the same issue since updating Sonos last night. Not on Verizon and have decent and stable Internet connection.

I noticed the issue when playing music from my local library, but when I switched to Bandcamp the issue was occuring there also.

Switched to using Bluetooth to my Roam, but I now don’t seem to be able to to group this to anything else in the system, so even that work around doesn’t work.

Really frustrating that every time there is an update (which I apply in the desparate hope that it may bring Android widgets or now playing information in the phone status bar) it seems to cause problems rather than fixing them.

Hopefully there will be a fix release very, very, soon.

Steve

Any music I stream from my Library or any other source, cuts off the 10-15 seconds of every song. I’ve had Sonos for 10 years and have never had this particular problem  I tried all the Sonos fixes which, as usual, don’t work. This whole year of crappy software is really frustrating. I just want my Sonos to work right, like it did last year!