Skip to main content
Answered

App only sees one of my three Sonos rooms at a time.

I can only access one of my 3 Sonos system/room at a time with my eeros 6 wifi. If i want to listen to a different sonos room, i must first power off the one I’m listening to so that the app can find the one I want. I have tried turning off bridge mode on the WiFi, but no luck. Does anybody have a solution? Many thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

How do you have your Sonos connected?

And it’s possible you have them set up as two or three separate ‘systems’, instead of just one with multiple rooms. 

Thanks for the replies. I do have the devices configured as one system, multiple rooms. 

they’re all connected via WiFi, Eros 6 mesh. I did try connecting one room (single Sonos) to one of the mesh routers, and restarted the others so that they would connect to sonosnet. I waited for a while but they didn’t seem to find each other. 

Thanks a lot for the help. 

Seems odd. When you wired one device to your eero mesh, was it the ‘root’ of the eero mesh, or one of the extenders?

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it? 

Bruce, The Sonos device is wired to one of the mesh extenders. 

I haven’t called Sonos support but can try that. 

thanks,

cabinguy

I don’t recommend wiring to an Eero extender.

Thanks buzz, I have an older house and the network wiring is nowhere near where you’d want a speaker. So wiring to the base router isn’t possible. I suppose one could buy a “dummy” Sonos unit to use solely as a unit to establish the Sonosnet, but I don’t want to do that.

maybe someday Sonos will offer a bridge device that anchors a sonosnet. 

You mean the BOOST, formerly the BRIDGE? My understanding is that they’re being phased out at this point, although I’ve not seen any official announcement, just that the BOOST is available on the ‘last chance’ section of the website by Sonos. I own a couple of them, one is currently in use. Of course, I tend to prefer SonosNet, due to an assumption that having my music on a separate ‘channel’ than my normal Wi-Fi is a benefit….which it likely was, back in the day, but much less so in the last several years, with the substantial advancement in Wi-Fi hardware.

I always recommended retiring the BRIDGE, as the power supply for that device is so dodgy as to cause difficult to track issues. 

If you’re wiring any device, it needs to be to the ‘root’ of your network. Even if you’re doing it temporarily as a test. Wiring to an extension gets into all sorts of potential networking issues…which I suppose you’re experiencing. 

Thanks a lot Bruce!! I found the Boost on Sonos’ web site and will give it a try. If it works I’ll buy you a beer!

Lol. No need for the beer…I just hope it resolves your issue!

I’ll keep you posted!

Bruce, it worked! Thank you!

The only wrinkle was with my Era 100 pair. On investigation, I learned that the Eras (and likely all model’s going forward) don’t connect to the Boost. That’s consistent with your thought that the Boost is being phased out. 

I have the two rooms with One SLs on the Sonosnet/Boost, and the Era on my wifi. I can now see all three rooms at once in the app (no more switching off the rooms I don’t want to use). 

Many thanks for your help!

Michael