Answered

alexa won’t group sonos properly

• 10 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

It’s like a game of whack-a-mole dealing with Sonos issues. I purchased a new Arc since Tech support couldn’t help me get my Playbar to stop cutting out. The arc is working fine($800 later), but Alexa won’t properly control groups I create within the app. I have disabled the skill, removed all the groups, deleted all the devices, and registered everything. When I make a group called “upstairs speakers,” Alexa says okay but only plays the music on one group of upstairs speakers. Same happens for when I try to play music everywhere using a different group. If I use the Sonos voice integration, the commands work fine. Obviously it’s an Alexa integration issue, but there is no way I’m dealing with Amazon tech support, which may be the only thing worse than Sonos tech support.

Is there any way to make this work properly? Why would it choose some speakers in a group vs others to use?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 December 2023, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Can you post a screenshot of your Alexa ‘Upstairs’ group so people here can see what you have set as the enabling, ducking and playback devices and then explain which enabling device(s) you are speaking to. Also what is the Alexa groups ‘Playback Option’ set to?

Hi.  Are you trying to group Sonos and Echo speakers to play in sync together?  Because that isn’t possible.