Answered

Alarm not connecting

• 30 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We seem to have a regular, but not constant, prolem with the alarm not connecting.

Instead of radio we get the chime. It seems to happen most but not all mornings.

I’ve noticed that if I stop the alarm, with the play/pause button , and then press the play/pause again immediately, the light flashes white 12 times and then flashes orange three times and then the set radio channel will start to play. This behaviour seems consistent.

Tried resetting the unit ( a Symfonisk) and that might seem to help for a day or two, then it starts to misbehave again.. Other times it might go for weeks working normally.

Diagnostic 1807590213

Any suggestions welcome

Moderator edit: combined posts:

EDIT - I’d just like to add that when I searched for this topic, nothing came up but now I’ve posted it I’m being shown lots of similar topics. Some problem with the search engine? Have read the other posts, all seem to describe similar issues so will try some of the suggestions

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 30 November 2023, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @mistyoptic, welcome back!

The very first thing that comes to my mind is that the time set on your alarm and the target radio is very common, making it difficult for Sonos to connect to the station due to multiple requests happening at the same time.

You can avoid this by simply moving your alarm a minute or two before or after the time you currently have it scheduled.

Feel free to share the thread of which the suggestions worked, if mine didn’t.

I hope this helps.