• 22 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Chromatic Producer II
  • 58 replies
My first message
My second message

What am I missing other than it won’t play?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you downloaded the Sonos S2 app on your phone and set the Roam up in that?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes, that how I set it up. Of all my Sonos speakers this is the only one that will not connect with AirPlay. None of my Mac devices will let it connect. Only the Mac gives me this error message. I chatted with tech and finally gave up.

Did you speak with Apple, rather than Sonos? This is an Apple issue, quite likely related to the current issue with HomeKit, that people are hoping is fixed with the next OS release from Apple. 

I’d be awfully tempted to reboot both the sending device (the Macs), the router, and the Roam to see if you can get around this issue, but ultimately it is Apple’s to fix. Sonos doesn’t have the ability to change Apple’s OS.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Seems strange when 6 other speakers connect just fine.

Yep, certainly agree. Hard to understand why Apple released their HomeKit update in a broken state, where some devices connect, and others don’t. 

Did you try the reboot process I suggested? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Many times. Rebooted the router, factory reset the Roam and shut down and restarted the Mac Mini M1.

Hmmm. Well, then, unfortunately, I don’t have a great answer for you, other than wait for the next Mac OS, in which, hopefully, Apple will have fixed HomeKit. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hmmm. Well, then, unfortunately, I don’t have a great answer for you, other than wait for the next Mac OS, in which, hopefully, Apple will have fixed HomeKit. 

It was not an Apple problem!!! I finally called Sonos Tech and the person I talked with it resolved my issue walking me through the reset process. So don’t alway blame Apple!

It was not an Apple problem!!! I finally called Sonos Tech and the person I talked with it resolved my issue walking me through the reset process. So don’t alway blame Apple!

It actually was Apple that broke these things and they quickly ‘pulled’ their HomeKit ungrade before releasing it later with a fix. Sadly it broke Airplay on many devices, including Sonos products, and if you look around the community threads you will see that Sonos Staff mention that the only way to fix things was a device factory reset, however the cause of the issue was Apple’s initial HimeKit upgrade. There is an example thread here that covers the issue, but it’s one of many…

Also see this link:

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/23/apple-pulls-new-home-app-architecture-in-ios-16-2-as-users-complain-about-homekit-issues/