Answered

Airplay sound drops on paired speakers.

Hi everyone,

I have experienced issues with airplay from appleTV to Play:5 gen2 and a paired Playbar.

When I airplay to the Play:5 the sound is constant but the paired Playbar drops out on/off with a 30sec or so interval. It is the same if I airplay from other devices. It seems to have appeared after the software update recently.

Any ideas om how to fix it or why this has occured.?

BR,

Morten

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 29 July 2022, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sounds like there’s just enough wifi interference to occasionally break the signal connection between the PLAY:5 and the PLAYBAR. I’d be reading that linked FAQ, and seeing what potential solutions can be applied. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Mbaymadsen, having dropouts in such a short interval is definitely not a pleasant experience. As Airgetlam suggested, this could be a cause of wireless interference.

If you are not able to find a solution from our support page, I’d recommend you to submit diagnostics within 10 minutes of the issue occurring, write down the confirmation number and get in touch with our Support Team for more in-depth troubleshooting - they have access to more tools and will be able to perform live troubleshooting with you.

Thank you both for replies. I have looked at the wifi interference troubleshooting and nothing seems to work out. If I reboot my router just before I airplay from my appleTV it can keep the connection between the two speakers most of the time.

Nothing has changed in my setup or with new devices on the wifi so I wonder why this issue has occured.

Thank you both for replies. I have looked at the wifi interference troubleshooting and nothing seems to work out. If I reboot my router just before I airplay from my appleTV it can keep the connection between the two speakers most of the time.

Nothing has changed in my setup or with new devices on the wifi so I wonder why this issue has occured.

I would maybe follow the Staff advice/suggestion above by submitting a system diagnostic and speaking with Sonos Support Staff to try to get the issue resolved.

Note that all wireless interference doesn’t have to come from either your own network, or even your own home. There are lots of changing influences on WiFi networks at all times.