Answered

After Power Outage One of the Two Sonos One SL working

• 23 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi There,

Please assist me with this as I’m contacting you on behalf of my Client Angaston Medical Centre who uses SONOS One SL and there was a recent power outage which affected the Sonos setup where by both the speakers were disconnected form the SONOS windows App. I have tried to connect this with multiple attempts but unsuccessful every time to get both the speakers working.

I can See both the speakers are showing when scanning the wifi but only one connect and also not the SONOS were reset by the practice manager when she had tried connecting this. Please provide guidance in order to be able to connect bot the speakers and play music in sync. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2023, 06:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

This is a community help site, not direct communication with Sonos per se. if you need to speak to them, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Especially as the screen grabs you’re showing are confusing. The first appears to be showing a Bluetooth connection to a speaker that does not have a Bluetooth antenna, which makes no sense. The next two screen captures are from inside the Windows controller. If the Sonos devices were reset, as you’ve indicated, they can not be set back up using the Windows controller, you must use a mobile controller to set those reset speakers back. The Windows controller at this point can only be used to control music, any of the setup functions have been stripped out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you trying to use the PC app to connect it? You need to use the S2 app on an iOS or Android phone. 

Were either of the speakers Factory reset? Don’t Factory Reset without further consult because the reset will make this issue more complicated and will not permanently fix the issue.

Are these speakers operating as a stereo pair or as individual speakers?

Were either of the speakers Factory reset? Don’t Factory Reset without further consult because the reset will make this issue more complicated and will not permanently fix the issue.

Are these speakers operating as a stereo pair or as individual speakers?

Yes, speakers were factory reset by the user and both the speakers work as stereo pair where by we tried pairing one of the speaker over the network and it works and trying to the other has become a challenge.

I suggest that you wire both speakers to the network during setup. If you will be using WiFi, rather than keeping one or both speakers wired to the network, enter the WiFi SSID and password while the units are wired to the network.

Are you trying to use the PC app to connect it? You need to use the S2 app on an iOS or Android phone. 

Thanks sorted now.

we have the same problem with one of our emergency care clinic Client.