After 3 perfect years.. getting audio drop outs

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I’ve had my house system for 3 years with no issues. Now, for whatever reason, I’m finding always the same three rooms at the same time will drop sound then come back on. This happens when watching a YouTube video .  My internet hasn’t changed, have good speed. Attached is a drawing ( rough sketch ) of where all the speakers are located including router , modem , and Boost. Rooms 1,2,3 are the issue. Any ideas? This did not start till last update( app and firmware). 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are the devices with the issue wired or wireless?  You may want to check my article here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Are the devices with the issue wired or wireless?  You may want to check my article here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

I figured with the Boost, it wouldn’t be an issue nor has it been for 3 years. Just recently. You can see the speakers listed .. says wired. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I figured with the Boost, it wouldn’t be an issue nor has it been for 3 years. Just recently. You can see the speakers listed .. says wired. 

They’ll still need IP addresses. I’d recommend the actions in my linked post.