Skip to main content
Question

Adding Play1 to a Wifi network

• 24 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a play1 speaker. I need to add it to a new Wifi network. After a bunch of failed attempts, I finally got a factory reset done, and was able to add it back to my controller using an Ethernet cable.  It took some updates.  I then tried to use the workflow in the app to move it to Wifi, but the workflow fails (pop up says that workflow only works for certain products, and Play1 is not one of them) saying that it can’t find any products.

I then re-did factory reset, and app found the speaker and got through most of setup. After adding to Wifi, app says that speaker was added, but may not show up in controller app. If not, restart speaker. I did this, and it does not show up.

I tried to join existing system, and the speaker shows up, but shows up as ‘not registered’. Trying to register fails with Error code 1064. Then ‘couldnt update play1’ error code 1106.

1 reply

Read another post, recommended the “Registration” from desktop app. That worked.  Seems to be good to go now. Been rough. I’ve spent probably 3-4 hours trying to get this thing on a new network.