Skip to main content

G'day, so my plan to buy a turntable to use with my defunct S1 Play:5 have gone awry, as I've just discovered it's bricked. So I now need to buy something new to connect the turntable to my S2 system (no line in) 🙄

My question is, for an Audio Technica ATLPW50PB with built in phono preamp, is there a sound quality difference between getting a Port vs. a new speaker with line-in?

If there's no difference, I may as well get a new speaker, in which case, which would you say offers the best audio quality between the Era 300, Five and Move 2?

I'm not fussed about smart speakers, and being portable is a secondary bonus (when not attached to the turntable).

I had a look on the forums but couldn't see this specific question, thanks for any input!

The Five offers the best audio quality for the turntable. If you can afford a pair of Fives, even better.

There is no difference from the way the line in works, just a difference in the form factor of the input. Any difference you would hear would be due to the speaker, not the line in. 

Thanks for your answers 👍