Answered

Adding 100 to era 100

• 9 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a 100 which was working OK, Just bought an Era 100 which set up easily, but when I tried to add my 100 in another room it could not find it.

I’ve probably done it the wrong way round and should have added my new speaker to the existing set up.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 December 2023, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes, you should always use ‘add a device’ when you already have a system set up, and not ‘set up new system’, if I’m understanding your post. Go ahead and factory reset your latest speaker, then re-add it using the ‘add a device’ function, and it will force it into a new ‘room’, but allow you to see all speakers at the same time, and do grouping

Badge

Should it not be reset my old speaker and then add it to my working sydtem.

I believe that is what I said, yes. You already had a working system, presumably with some playlists, streaming companies already stored on them. The factory reset function would wipe all that data, so it’s always best to add to your older system, and reset the newest device. 

However, if you don’t mind losing any stored data, it doesn’t matter which one you choose to reset, the end result is that you have one Sonos Household/system, not two. 

Badge

Thanks. It deleted my working system, so I lost my playlists etc. hat is why I have reset my original Sonos 

So, your newer system was the more ‘correct’ system, in terms of data stored? That’s a bit unusual. Most frequently, it’s the original system which has more data/information stored, and should be used as the ‘base’ of the Sonos system. 

But, as long as you have one system now, you should be good.