Answered

Account, System, Services & Voice greyed out and Unable to find my Sonos System

• 25 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I am using the Sonos App on and XR10 iPhone with all software up to date for both the phone and the app. 

I follow the initial directions to set up my move speaker, 

The speaker and the phone see each other and connect, the app then says lets connect to my WiFi network. It is the correct one and I confirm it is the same one my phone is logged into. 

It asks me for the password. I type it in. 

After that it takes a few minutes and then I see the message that the set up was successful but it may not show on my system menu (well considering my system menu is grey and I can’t get to it no great surprise)

it tells me if I can’t see it to press the power button for 5 seconds, and then turn it back on. 

I do this and now I have messages in settings that say unable to find my sonos system

If I go to my internet provider app and look at devices, it shows my speaker is in fact connected to my router. I also check groups as I set up a group specific for my Sonos devices called Sonos sound system

If in the Sonos app settings, I click on select your product, it never finds it. 

If in the Sonos app settings, I try to join nearby network it says it can’t find a Sonos system on my WiFi network and it is using the correct WiFi network. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 December 2023, 15:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Rmerwin, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your system and can see that your Move isn’t cloud connected, though I suspect you don’t have it powered on.

So I know a little more about your network and how Sonos connects to it, do you mind letting me know what Router you have, and if you have any additional networking equipment, such as extra access points, extenders, switches, etc. You can find our system requirements here.

I see you mentioned setting up a Sonos group, is this something you’ve done in your router settings? If so, check the group to make sure it hasn’t adjusted or restricted anything relating to the Sonos speakers.

If your iPhone has a VPN enabled, that could prevent you from connecting to your Sonos system. It’s also worth trying a different device if possible to see if you can connect to your system with another phone or computer.

If you haven’t, a network and system reboot could also help. Power of your router and Sonos Move for around one to two minutes, then power them back on and try to connect.

I hope the information above helps!

Hi Jamie, 

Thank you for your response. 

Your customer support was most helpful when I called yesterday and we were able to get both of my Move speakers set up. We tested both with my phone and I was able to access and change settings to rooms etc. 

I am finding however, since then that if I log into the Sonos app with my Surface I can see both my Living room unit and the Family room unit. If I log in with my iPhone, I can only see the Family Room. 

This is problematic as I need to have them sync to play the same music, or un-synched so they each play different music, I believe I have to do that from my phone. 

Any thoughts on why it would show up in one place but not the other?

By the way I am  Spectrum internet and do not have additional access points etc. The Move speaker is about 15 feet away from the router with a single wall between.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You should be able to Group and unGroup form either device.

Any ad filters, VPN or other network stuff on your phone that is not on your Surface?

What if you turn off cellular networking and just use the phone’s WiFi?

Turning off cellular data does not seem to help.

I find it odd that sometimes the phone sees it. Sometimes it doesn’t. 

I am not aware of anything on my phone that would be causing issues.

you are correct about the grouping and un-grouping. I am able to do it from my Surface so thank you!

I have also tried to un-install and re-install the app on my phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Probably time to call Sonos support and get therm to look at your internal data that we users can’t see.