Skip to main content
Answered

7 year old boost and Playbar with a new Move speaker

I have a 7 year old Boost and Playbar. Everything works great with our TV, and when playing music (pandora) via our Iphones (10XR) and our Ipads. Using the Sonos2 app.  Will this system work with a new Move speaker bought in June of 2023?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, the Move is S2 compatible - note however the Move will connect to your routers WiFi signal rather than the SonosNet signal - but that (hopefully) should not make any difference as I have had the Move installed in a similar setup in the past. None of the portable Sonos products, nor the latest Era-100/200 speakers use wireless SonosNet.

Userlevel 2

thanks for your kind and swift reply.  Based on your comments I am now thinking I can eliminate the Boost device from my system.  Your thoughts?

thanks for your kind and swift reply.  Based on your comments I am now thinking I can eliminate the Boost device from my system.  Your thoughts?

Yes, it will do not harm to try that and run all on your local routers WiFi signal instead. I currently run all my Sonos products on the routers WiFi (with no devices wired to the LAN).

Just use either fixed channel 1, 6 or 11 for the routers 2.4Ghz band, as those three channels are non-overlapping and less likely to suffer WiFi interference. See these two links too:

Userlevel 2

thanks a bunch!