Answered

5 of my speakers roam, (2) play1, play5, sub ,have not been responding for 2 days

• 9 February 2024
  • 1 reply

We have a few speakers in our home and 5 of them have not been working for the last 2 days. The show they are updating. We have tried restarting all of them, resetting the modem, and some times they do not show up in the app and then they load but continue to update. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 February 2024, 04:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not sure what you mean by ‘continue to update’ in this context, but have you tried wiring them to your router with an Ethernet cable? 

I would also suspect a duplicate IP address issue, although it is possible it is ‘simple’ wifi interference , so I’d recommend, at least for the short term, unplugging (or powering off, for the Roam) all of your Sonos devices, and while they are unplugged, reboot the router. Wait for the router to come back up before plugging them back in/ powering them back on. If this makes a difference, I’d encourage you to look at your routers manual, and set up reserved IP addresses for all Sonos devices. 

If neither of these two things work, I would encourage you to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.