Answered

2019 Play:1 software update

• 6 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have two Play:1 speakers that I haven’t used since 2019. Is there a way to update the software/firmware for these speakers?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 April 2024, 19:52

View original

6 replies

You can also try connecting via an Ethernet cable.  There's a chance it will update that way if wifi is too out of date.  If not, the call to support is the only route.

The normal way should work. Just go in to the controller, and choose ‘check for updates’.

If that fails, if the controller doesn’t have access to a build that allows updating, you have to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They’ll pull a special update build for you, and give you access to it temporarily.

Badge

jgatie:

Thank you for the advice! The ethernet connection worked!

Badge

@Uman :

I had to plug my speakers in, then open the app. If I had the app open before I plugged the speaker in, it wouldn’t work. Also, the actual fix took about twenty minutes for both speakers to update (I did them one at a time), rather that the “two to three minute wait” that the app said it would take.

Userlevel 2

Where are my speakers!?!?!?!

I have a similar situation, tried the ethernet connection fix, but no good. With a 65 minute wait to talk to someone, I must say, it’s not worth my time.