Skip to main content
Answered

2 different wifi sources problem

Hello, 

We have a wifi system in the house and the sonos one sl speakers are connected to the home wifi system. We have a pool house woth 4 sonos sl speakers inside and outside but we have another wifi box there because the one of our home is too far away while in the pool. 

We were trying tto connect the speakers and activate the sonos etc but apparently since all the sonos system is connected to the home wifi and not the pool house wifi then it doesn't work... I hope I'm clear about the situation... 

How can we make the 4 speakers of the pool.house work under the same sonos account with a different wifi? Overall what would be  the solution to this situation when you have others speakers that need to be connected to another wifi box? Obviously a wifi box with another code etc... 

Thank you in advance, 

I’m not sure what you mean by “different WiFi”. Are the two areas tied to the same connection with your provider?

Hi @Melanieru89 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

How can we make the 4 speakers of the pool.house work under the same sonos account with a different wifi? 

You can have multiple systems all registered to the same account, but I take it that what you mean is that you want all your speakers to be part of the same system. To do this, you would need to combine the networks together by connecting the two routers with a long ethernet cable, with the second router (pool house) being put into Bridge/AP Mode. I recommend consulting the manual of the pool house router.

You would then need to factory reset each pool house speaker before you will be able add them to the existing, main Sonos system.

I hope this helps.