15.10 app updated screwed up my current SONOS network. Anyone else struggling connecting all your devices?

• 18 November 2023
  • 5 replies

SONOS just did a forced update and my 2 speakers now cannot play the same music, they only work as separate devices. This is after multiple router reboots and device reboots. I’ve already been trouble shooting for an hour and I do not have time to continue, SONOS, WHYYYYYYYY???????

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

After more reboots, it’s finally all working again… my timesheet hour rate is $150/hour, this took 1.5 hours, SONOS when are you paying me for my troubles????

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Can’t help you out with cash but if you drop by our house I can get you some left-over candy.

For your Sonos issue use your router’s DHCP settings page to set static/reserved IP addresses for all Sonos, power down all Sonos, reboot the router and power the Sonos back up.

Until I followed the advice here to do that I needed something much stronger than candy after every update or power interruption.

I'm a new owner trying g to setup, pair and group Era100 speakers. Directions are inaccurate in so many ways and chat support doesn't know screens I. The sonus app. Really a sad state of customer direction and support. Short the stock because this is basic 101 stuff they should have down by now!

I'm a new owner trying g to setup, pair and group Era100 speakers. Directions are inaccurate in so many ways and chat support doesn't know screens I. The sonus app. Really a sad state of customer direction and support. Short the stock because this is basic 101 stuff they should have down by now!

Instead of ranting and giving stock tips, how about giving us a few details on what's not working so we can help.  I assure you we know the screens.

Directions say you must connect sonus speakers to wifi and then you can toggle to blue tooth presumably after setup. The app directs you to bluetooth settings where you cannot connect 2 speakers at the same time to wifi. Then you figure out theres a bluetooth button on the back of the speaker. You push this and that sets off a need to reset the speakers to factory settings after you wait thru 24 people ahead of you and after waiting 10 to fifteen minutes trying to figure out what the colored, flashing lights mean but for which there are no instructions. When you open a chat they get you to reset and start all over again but they don't know what their app screens look like and direct you to do. This requires inordinate writing to describe screens and ask what they want you to do next because on your own before calling you hit deadends you know v youll hit again so you want to do precisely what support says. They guess similar to what you did already and give up telling you to call support where you can speak to someone even though you're writing them telling them  exactly what the messages are. So I just wasn't to connect, pair and group 2 era 100 speakers. I need step by step instructions to address the process and navigate around the fact that you can't connect 2 things to wifi and then switch them to bluetooth. I also need help getting past the "go to settings" pop-up in the app which doesn't go away, presumably but only guessing as there is a dearth of facts and accurate direction, because you can't go back to the sonus app and exit the pop-up without canceling the setup you seek to accomplish. So please if you have accurate and detailed setup instructions send them to me. I can follow instructions but they must match what the app labels, pop-up screens and what an android phone will do.