Worst most complicated piece you'll ever buy. Avoid at ALL costs

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

126 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I've never had any trouble but my system is very small in fact at the moment just a play 1, before adding any more speakers I will look at the LG music flow system, looks more flexible.
So what your saying is that both systems are already put of date BUT the LG flow at present is more technically advanced than songs and will remain that way until songs produce new speakers with new tech built in ?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I've never had any trouble but my system is very small in fact at the moment just a play 1, before adding any more speakers I will look at the LG music flow system, looks more flexible.
Sonos not songs
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Why oh why don't sonos just add bbc iPlayer radio to the interface like they have Spotify etc !??
Yes I know Dave and don't take my comments as anything but venting my frustrations , I do realise sonos are trying to resolve this issue I just have no faith in the tune in way around it . The fact they haven't just added the bbc I radio / player is probably more to do with politics than technical . Oh well fingers crossed , good night 
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Something like that, what is hot right now might not be hot tomorrow as some one will add a new feature and make their product better or more appealing.
Userlevel 1
Badge
And of course price plays a big part now that sonos has competition in the multi room wireless arena it's pricing structure must be looked at.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I have to disagree on that, sonos are a premium brand and offer a premium product. Yes it's easy to compare other products in the same market that may offer better function/feature but as for design/build quality and most importantly to me great customer service. For me I would rather spend more money to have great design, build quality and customer service no matter who's products I'm buying from a new sofa to a new computer.
Userlevel 1
Badge
That's A Great Ethos But People Being People They WILL Gravitate To The product That Has More Bells And Whistles And Offers Value For Hard Earned Money, Those Of Us Who Save Up For Our Systems WILL Re Evaluate The Market.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Well I have to get to bed now, so thanks for the discussion and I'm always aware of all the posts on ask.sonos and willing to help if you have an issue - just create or find a topic that matches your issue and post away.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Well I took your comments on board and decided to carry on and expand my sonos another play 1 purchased today ☺
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
🙂
I bought mine last year but have never used it. There should be at least 1 option to connect with CD player. because i don't want to use the phone or internet all the time to play music. Just a little disappointed with Sonos. Thats all. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes ... simple things like you can set the speaker so you don't have to use controller and 3.5mm input will autoconnect.
You should have gotten a Play:5 then. But the product correct for your situation.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes ... simple things like you can set the speaker so you don't have to use controller and 3.5mm input will autoconnect.
I had a play 5 line in function oK but still only a 3.5mm jack plug not that great for high quality.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Maybe that's an idea for songs a digital input on the bridge would be great.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sonos as well as songs lol
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Someone please delete this thread, if you don't like sonos or don't bother understanding what you are investing your money into then don't complain when it doesn't do what you just expected it to do. So go and rant and rave in private as you're all given me a headache - might have to go and relaxe to some tunes in the bath.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't think you will see any quality difference using a 3.5mm to Rca cable. Yes digital input only playbar has would be best.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Unfortunately people don't research what they are buying and blame the product for not doing what they had intentions for vs buying the proper product or device. Or not knowing how to properly use what they bought or educate how.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Unfortunately people don't research what they are buying and blame the product for not doing what they had intentions for vs buying the proper product or device. Or not knowing how to properly use what they bought or educate how.
Yeh I know, just venting my frustration. It's not like it's not easy to research these things nowadays.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
And when I did my research sonos made it quite clear bbc listen again content would be easily available, as did the shop that provided it . Obviously i went to the wrong place to do my research !
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Bbc changed the rules not sonos
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Bbc may have changed the rules for the current problem ,but what about the hundreds of occasions over the last few years when similar problems have happened? ( to me and loads of other customers )
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I know there have been Spotify issues on occasion. I don't use Spotify so I have never had an issue with any services.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Oh yeah the Spotify problems is a whole new subject and equally as rubbish ! The bbc content problem has been an issue since I've had my sonos ( about 2 years ) Still waiting for a solution ....
Mine works fine☺
I am amazed. I am a Sonos retailer in Leicester and I have seen most of the issues below and come across many types of customer but have resolved all issues and never had a dissatisfied customer. Sonos is incredible but often people need help integrating it in to their life. That is where we and most independent retailers will be happy to help. Briefly, Sonos Play bar does have digital in, it's the only Sonos product which does. If you have more than one digital source, use an optical switch to allow more than one source in to the bar. If you what better streamed music add a network player such as a AVA media Rip'n'play. This plays better than most CD quality. As for the guy who wanted to play of his iPhone with a 3.5mm jack, the Sonos will play same quality but with out a jack. Stunningly easy. Remember, if you buy from a 'no help' re seller you will get no help. After 2 minutes of face to face questions (forget the internet) with your local retailer, you will know if they will be able to help you. We don't do distance selling but if you are in Leicester come and find us. Around Sound, Stoneygate.