which speaker to choose

  • 26 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 19 replies

4 years ago I installed a playbase, woofer and 2 alexa-enabled Sonos Ones (1st gen) in my family room. Since in this configuration only one of the two sonos ones will respond to alexa, I think I will relocate one to my study and replace it in the family room with a speaker that is not voice-enabled. I have two questions: 1. what is the best choice of speaker to purchase to substitute the existing sonos one, and 2. Can I configure a single speaker in the study to play mono, or can it only be configured to play either left or right?

TIA .... Greg

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You’ll need a One SL to be able to pair it with a One. Remember to Remove Surrounds first, then rename one of the One’s as the Study. Then add the One SL to the system and rebond the Surrounds to the Playbase. 

It’s a great system you have, by the way. I have the same setup ( plus a few more rooms!) 😜

The Study will be mono until you buy another speaker and Create Stereo Pair

Badge +3

Great, that's clear, thank you ...