Question

Taking my Sonos to a hotel function

• 11 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I am looking to take my Sonos to a hotel venue for our anniversary. I only have a Play 1 and 5. Is it possible to do this and connect at the hotel?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
You also need to check your rental agreement with the hotel. Many hotels restrict sound systems to the ones they provide (for an extra fee).
Well, the only thing I can suggest is testing at home before you go. Unplug the power to your router to get a real test.
Thank you for that. We are in a private room with 20 people. There is a password for the hotel network.
Not easily, and practically impossible if the hotel WiFi has a sign-in associated with it.

That being said, if you were pushing the music through the analog in on the PLAY:5 ( which has to be turned on to Autoplay before leaving home) it should connect to the PLAY:1. But don’t think you’re going to be able to hook up a microphone for any announcements. There are a lot of threads about using a Sonos as a wedding or event PA, and the general consensus is “DON’T”. It’s absolutely not designed for this kind of use, and it’s much wiser to rent something purpose designed.