Answered

System skips songs during playback

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

173 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is an issue with your network not Sonos-Spotify. It is specific to you so you need to review how it is all interacting.

How do you have your Play:1 hooked up (wifi only or Sonosnet - unit hooked to router). I would turn off the play:1 - reboot router - turn back on play:1 and try again.

If using wifi only how stong is your home wifi where the Play:1 is hooked up.

You can go under Sonos settings...advanced...submit diagnostic. Post the diagnostic number here and a Sonos rep can look at to determine what is happening on your network.
Yeah, I had the same issue - my netgear wireless router was set to auto channel - changed that to 11 and done - think it was caused by a firmware update / me dicking around with the settings midweek when I was bored/trying to optimise laptop connection. Thanks for all users who suggested channel being the issue!
Userlevel 1
I'm having same issue, Was resolved by changing channel, however reoccurs every few days, continuing to have to either reset router or change Sonos Wifi channel, very annoying, seems to occur most frequently after a sonos app update
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Same advice. Submit a diagnostic here or call sonos them to review
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I'm having same issue, Was resolved by changing channel, however reoccurs every few days, continuing to have to either reset router or change Sonos Wifi channel, very annoying, seems to occur most frequently after a sonos app update

Hello Chris49, welcome to the community.
Like Chris, suggested the best would be to submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic. This will allow us to have a better idea about your Sonos system.
This is stiller happening. Have play 1,3,5 and a bridge. Everything is utdatert
Updated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you submitted diagnostic. What is source of music having issue playing?
Yes i have submitted diagnostics. Source is mainly spotify
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you post the diagnostic number here somewhere for Sonos to look at it.
Number : 5358007
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the diagnostic, it's always good to submit it within a short amount of time of having an issue, I don't see too much on there recently. That said, it looks like your router and your Sonos are both on the same wireless channel, so it'd be good to change Sonos to a different channel. There are directions here for changing the wireless channel on your system.

If you're still having trouble, can you send another diagnostic within a few minutes of the error and give us the number here? We'll check it out for you.
Hi, I also have problems with tracks skipping in mid-song. Seems to have got worse last month or two.

I have submitted a diagnostic : 5411437

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the diagnostic Darren. It looks like your CONNECT is getting some heavy spikes in interference around the time of those cutouts. Are you able to try changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system?

Also, what other electrical devices are around your CONNECT? Try separating it from anything that is broadcasting any sort of signal if possible, especially any cordless phone base stations. Was anything added in the last couple months? Is that room close to any neighbors? If so, they might have added something or changed settings which now are affecting you.

Let us know how it goes with the channel change.
Hi there. Diagnostic number is 5468498. Can you take a look for me? Songs keeps skipping when playing through Sonos. One of my speakers keeps cutting out as well but then coming back on after a few seconds.
I have a play 3 (plugged into the router) and two play 1's. I have Virgin media broadband. Have tried all things suggested.
Thanks
hi ihave the same problem.using sonos play 1, currently playing from laptop with wifi. songs keep skipping and its really annoying!
diagnostic number is 5470101
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi there. Diagnostic number is 5468498. Can you take a look for me? Songs keeps skipping when playing through Sonos. One of my speakers keeps cutting out as well but then coming back on after a few seconds.
I have a play 3 (plugged into the router) and two play 1's. I have Virgin media broadband. Have tried all things suggested.
Thanks

Thanks, on the diagnostic I see only a couple connection errors to Spotify. Do you have trouble with any other services? Also, I noticed that everything is grouped to the Dining Room player, any chance you can ungroup everything, then press group off of the Living Room instead. The room at the top of the list when everything is grouped up acts as the coordinator and distributes music. Since your Living Room is wired in, it's the best unit to use as the group leader.

Do you have any trouble playing music to just that one wired PLAY:3? Which services have trouble? How does your local music play?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
hi ihave the same problem.using sonos play 1, currently playing from laptop with wifi. songs keep skipping and its really annoying!
diagnostic number is 5470101

Unfortunately that diagnostic didn't get submitted properly. This sometimes happens when there are enough network trouble. I'd suggest starting with rebooting the router by unplugging it for about 15 seconds. From there, go ahead and restart your PLAY:1 and then test it out again. If you have an issue, can you try submitting a diagnostic again? Try using multiple controllers to submit the diagnostic if you can.

Thanks
Think it's happening more often now. 5550392. It has skipped in three songs the past 5-6min
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the diagnostic. I think a good place to start is changing the wireless channel on your Sonos players to channel 11. Let us know how it goes on that channel.
Same issue here.
I might work well for 30 minutes, than it skips 5 or 6 songs.
Diagnostics: 5582645

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue here.
I might work well for 30 minutes, than it skips 5 or 6 songs.
Diagnostics: 5582645

Thanks!

Thanks feheva. There are a lot of disconnects from the network there, I'd recommend rebooting the wireless router and following that, your Sonos player. When the player's back up, go ahead and test things out. Let us know how it goes.

Please note which, if any, sources have trouble.
Sonos have been skiping music every time I reported with case # 5608422
Been having songs switch on me in the middle of a song. Shut down everything-router and all units. Rebooted everything. Changed channels. Still having skipping issues and my connect (LAN) is frequently not found without pulling power from it.

Diagnostic #6106237
Been having songs switch on me in the middle of a song. Shut down everything-router and all units. Rebooted everything. Changed channels. Still having skipping issues and my connect (LAN) is frequently not found without pulling power from it.

Diagnostic #6106237

The Bass

Whilst you are waiting for a reply back from Sonos Support, have you tried switching your wireless channel... If you are running on sonosnet (i.e. If you have one Sonos device cabled-in to your router) then change the SonosNet channel in advanced settings of the controller.

If you are using your home wifi (no Sonos device cabled-in) then change just the channel for the 2.4ghz band in your router settings.

There are a number of software scanners that you can get for different devices and operating systems that can scan your local airwaves to see what channels are being least used (or not in use)... Try to select one of those.

Also remember that interference can come from other devices nearby and perhaps it maybe worthwhile moving or turning things off that are near the Connect and see if that makes a difference.