Answered

System skips songs during playback

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

173 replies

Hi Thom When the sonos skips a track go into the sonos app settings > advanced and then submit diagnostic. Then contact sonos and they should be able to pin point the problem from the submitted diagnostic. I had the same problem and it turned out to be that my speaker was too close to my wifi router. I hope this helps as I know how frustrating these things can be.
I am having the same problem with music skipping song during playback.

Support Diagnostics Confirmation Number: 4332095

Thanks!
Rich
Userlevel 2
The same for me too.  Multiple Sonos devices all worked from a NAS perfectly until 2 months ago resulting and every song skipping last week.  I haven't even dared try it since.

Diagnostic confirmation number is 4341728
I'm getting the same even when cabled from NAS to the Connect (with the Bridge that I normally use) but still through VM super hub Is this the common link?? Diagnostic sent 4351659
Userlevel 2
I have had the same problem and just submitted a diagnostic 4370418
I am having the same issue. Diagnostic 4424730 submitted
Me too - diagnostic 4432101
I seem to have had my issue resolved firstly by tech support finding my connect wasn't listening to the Bridge but to my internet wireless router and then by moving the bridge well away from that router so any interference was reduced
Same issue started 2 days ago. Diag 4433901
Me too. Diagnostics 4444297
Same issue - diagnostic 4491414
Hi Everyone,

Most likely everyone's system is experiencing the same symptoms, but are not linked to the same cause.
To whom's system  is still misbehaving would you mind submitting a diagnostic and replying with the confirmation number.
Here is a FAQ showing you how to submit a system diagnostic

@Bill; In your case the cause of the issues seem to be wifi interference or low wireless connection with the iOS device(s).
As the system othen drops or skips audio when stream from them.
Would you mind to submit a diagnostic and also to stream music from a computer?

@Itsgibbo & Philip & User482341; Your system symptoms are very similar. Leads me to think the SonosNet (wireless system used for Sonos speaker to connect to each other) is having trouble to connect or share wirelessly. A Sonos diagnostic is a most before we can continue to troubleshoot.

Let me know how it went.
Thanks,
Max.

My diagnostic number is 4501502. I've got exactly the same skipping issue, happens on most songs. I'm streaming from a NAS
Changing wireless channel fixed this for me.
Me too4533078
Hi Everyone,

Most likely everyone's system is experiencing the same symptoms, but are not linked to the same cause.
To whom's system  is still misbehaving would you mind submitting a diagnostic and replying with the confirmation number.
Here is a FAQ showing you how to submit a system diagnostic

@Bill; In your case the cause of the issues seem to be wifi interference or low wireless connection with the iOS device(s).
As the system othen drops or skips audio when stream from them.
Would you mind to submit a diagnostic and also to stream music from a computer?

@Itsgibbo & Philip & User482341; Your system symptoms are very similar. Leads me to think the SonosNet (wireless system used for Sonos speaker to connect to each other) is having trouble to connect or share wirelessly. A Sonos diagnostic is a most before we can continue to troubleshoot.

Let me know how it went.
Thanks,
Max.

Badge
Today I performed a test. My music is always cut off when I use my playbar sonos app. It does not matter if its tune in radio or spotify. So I installed the tune in app instead of using it from the Sonos app. Tune in app supports chromecast so I played the music via chromecast to tv and from tv with optical cable to the playbar. Guess what?? It plays wonderful! No cuts at all! My Wifi is perfect and there is no interference at all. The problem is within the Sonos system. I am not happy with this!
Of course if it goes via optical cable it is not wifi and won't have issue.
My wifi was working fine too but the fact that the Sonia was NOT working fine was a symptom of the interference between the two.
Submitted diagnostics and got the info on what to do , which for me was a simple channel change.
2 seconds later. Fixed and no more issues.

Sonos is an awesome product.
Badge
Before commenting you should READ what I am posting. Optical cable is no Wifi even a child knows that! Have you got any clue what a chromecast device is? It works wireless on Wifi. It streams my music . If Sonos claims that my Wifi is the problem, they are wrong because then the chromecast would have given the same issues. Wifi is wifi. The test I performed is 100% scientific and the problem is within the Sonos software either the hardware. And I would love to say that I think Sonos is awesome. I didnt pay 650 euros for posting on this forum!
Badge
Anyone with a range extender, make it set on b+g+n and not simply n. My sonos playbar skipped all the time. It was never really connected with my range extender because it simply couldnt. The range extender only accepted N devices thats why apple tv and chromecast worked fine. After changing my range extender to b+g+n it started accepting my Sonos device. Now it is working like a charm. Not many people know that range extenders are present in the house. They may be on the attic or in a cellar for instance. But they are very important for your sonos connection!!!!
Badge
Same issue suddenly.
Diagnostics nr: 4821389
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Same issue suddenly.
Diagnostics nr: 4821389

I have reviewed your diagnostic and see you have a lot of wifi interference with channel 6. Can you change your router's wifi channel to 1 and try again. Let us know how it goes. ( also once done send us over a new diagnostic )
Same issue has started on my system over the last couple of days.

Diagnostic submitted:
Same issue started a few days ago, pls help! System sends error message while playing tracks on Deezer and I couldn't find wireless channel on my app:D

This issue makes my Sonos completely useless.

Diagnostic submitted:
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you can't find wireless channel in your app then that means you are not running Sonosnet and are using your home wifi. Using your home wifi means Sonos is fighting with other network traffic and can very well lead to dropouts. I would recommending going with Sonosnet by plugging a single Sonos unit into your router. You will then be able to set the sonos wireless channel.
I've been getting lots of drops for the last month or two... streaming from an Apple Time Capsule, but it's never had any problems before, changed the wireless channels a couple times, still getting the drops

Sent System Diagnosis : # 5054140.