Answered

Synfonisk Frame + Lamp as pair

• 25 December 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have a Synfonisk Picrure Frame and a Synfonisk Lamp (Gen2).
Is there a way to pair them to have a stereo system?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 December 2022, 22:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

I don’t believe so. In order to create a stereo pair, you must have two of the same ‘type’ of speakers, so either two lamps, or two Frames. You can, however, group these two devices so that they play the same stream. 

Badge

Hello, 

thanks Airgetlam for your answer. Understood.

For a group, the Sonos app tell me the system needs at least 3 rooms. 😒

I think you’re misunderstanding that (IMHO) ‘poor’ interface. You can group two rooms, you just don’t get the ‘all rooms’ feature until there is more than two rooms. From a programmer’s logical perception, that difference makes sense, for the rest of us, it’s a little confusing. Just use the grouping function, and select the second room, and it will work. 

Badge

Ok, I see. 

So, in this "poor" interface, how to group two rooms? 

Badge

Ok solved. Strange. 

Unable to find how to group the rooms, but by using Spotify when I connected the speaker, it was requested if I want to group the rooms. 

So, now it's done. 

Thanks Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok solved. Strange. 

Unable to find how to group the rooms, but by using Spotify when I connected the speaker, it was requested if I want to group the rooms. 

I suspect you are using the Spotify app to group now, so technically I would count that as a work around, not a solution. A simple Google search on “Sonos group rooms” gets me here: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms Maybe that’ll help you?

Badge

I cannot follow this procedure as my App seems different.

Perhaps this is easier to follow?

https://support.sonos.com/fr-fr/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Although it looks like, in your image, you’ve grouped the two rooms, the only challenge is (from my perspective) is that both ‘rooms’ are named Salon. I’d probably name them, for my own convenience, something different, just so I knew which one was which. Like Lamp and Frame. I’m a simple person ;)

Badge

Yes, as the both speakers were in the same room, all are in "Salon". I tryed with other names and there is no change. My speakers are well grouped because seen grouped in Spotify and Tidal, but not in the Sonos app. 

Badge

The icon... 

Is visibke only in Tidal. 

Never seen in Sonos app. 

I’m not sure what’s the issue, then. Your best bet would be to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, after the holiday. 

Badge

You're certainly right. 

Thanks Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The concept of a “room” is Sonos differs from a physical room, or the concept of a room in, say, Google Assistant. A room in Sonos is a speaker or a fixed (surround or stereo) set of speakers. According to this concept you cannot place two different speakers in a room (since they cannot be used as a stereo set). But still you have done it. Might this glitch be the reason you cannot group rooms? You could try to rename one of the rooms, as @Airgetlam suggests.

The grouping sign does show in my Sonos app: