Skip to main content
Question

Symfonisk Lamp won't play Apple Music

• 24 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I just added a new Symfonisk lamp to my Sonos Network but it refuses to play Apple music. When I try to play anything from Apple Music I get the error “connection to apple music was lost”. It tries the next few songs in the playlist and then stops trying to play the playlist. Everything else plays fine on the Symfonisk speaker, Tune-in radio, Spotify and  Sonos radio.

It is connect to my Ubiquiti Access Points and has 100% signal strength. I have also tried removing the Apple Music account from Sonos and re-adding it, but that did nothing.

I can play Apple Music ok on my Sonos Ports, it has occasionally done this in the past with Apple Music on my other devices but I have managed to get it to work.

Any ideas, I can try cabling it in as a test, but I bought a WIFI product and expect it to work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same issue with my new Symfonisk Lamp 2nd Gen and Apple Music not working. I can play BBC sounds or Sonos Radio, or Soundcloud. If I start Apple Music on another speaker and group the lamp it plays ok. Also connected via WiFi.

Same here. Bought today a new speaker. It plays everything except Apple Music. See the same symptoms as you do. Connected via LAN and Wifi.

My old Symfonisk does play Apple Music in the same network.

UPDATE: Both have the same system versions. Only Hardware version is different which is as expected.

Any news?

Just want to add that I’m having the same issue. 

Apple Music works fine on any other Sonos device, and via Airplay, but not directly through the Sonos app. Other services work fine. 

I hope a solution can be found 🤞

Exactly the same issue here.