Question

Surrounds don't work with playbase

• 25 July 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi I have replaced my playbar with a playbase also have a sub and two play 1's worked perfectly with the playbar but surrounds won't work with the playbase have turned up the surround but still doesn't work diagnostics no.7647121 Please help ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
ah ok, bit new to the device, apologies for the confusion 🙂
Just a misunderstanding between us. If you had said setting TV Level to max I wouldn't have queried it
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sorry the first part of my response wasn't a question - there does seem to be 2 settings under Surround Settings
Userlevel 2
Badge
Theres a TV Level and Music Level? I certainly think it made a difference setting the TV setting to full - I was watching Pirates of the carribean and it definitely made the rain sound all around - or am i just getting old 😉
But the Full vs Ambient setting has no impact on the TV source, only on music.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have the same setup and initially had the same issue with my SKY box - had to go into the settings and change the HDMI output to dolby from "stereo" and the rear speakers kicked into life. I do tend to find movies are much more "surround" than the TV but it was greatly improved when i turned the Surround setting to FULL
Hi User557535, Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for posting the Diagnostic, looking at the diagnostic, the surrounds and sub appear to be connected and correctly configured, I am correct in that if you play music to the lounge, you get the music out of all them? At the time you submitted the diagnostic, the Playbase was receiving a Stereo signal and not a Dolby Digital signal, this would result it nothing or not much coming from the surrounds, if you go into the Sonos application, go to Settings and select "about my system" and scroll to the "lounge" you will see a value for "audio in" this will tell you the signal being sent to the Playbase in real time. So depending on what you have the Playbase connected to we'll need to adjust the audio output settings to pass a Dolby Digital Signal.

If your Playbase is connected to the TV, then make sure the TV's optical/Spdif audio output is set to either Dolby Digital, Auto or Bitstream, then if the source of the TV is connected by HDMI, make sure the HDMI audio output setting on the source is set to pass Dolby Digital.

Do let us know how you get on, if you are still having trouble some details about your TV and respective setup would help, many thanks