Answered

Subwoofer placement

• 11 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all. I bought the Sonos sub with the notion of placing under my couch (foolishly without measuring) and it won’t fit. I can place it in a cupboard in my built in TV unit. Wife hates the look of it so this is my only shot. Would this be pointless or ineffective? Is it supposed to be on the ground? Would the sun being placed in a piece of wooden furniture sound terrible or vibrations that would diminish my sound system? Units not test installed so I can’t test and secondly as it is still in its packaging I may be better off returning the item. 

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 November 2023, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Madrarua 

Thanks for your post!

I suppose it depends on the TV unit, really - if there is a mesh at the front, sound will get out, but I would be surprised if you don’t hear a rattle from it or something in it, to be frank - the Sub puts out some amount of bass! I would say it’s worth trying though, at least. We’ll still accept a return even if you unpack and test it.

You may find that your wife is more likely to approve of the Sub if you find a speaker cover (available from third-parties) for it? Google would be your friend here - I can’t recommend anything specific.

Or, perhaps it would fit behind the couch?

I hope this helps.