Skip to main content
Sonos 5 and 3 were playing fine before I switched my router. They no longer stay connected to the new WIFI as soon as I remove the ethernet cable. I have updated the network and password already but it's still not working. Diagnostics number 670838226
Sonos 5 and 3 were playing fine before I switched my router. They no longer stay connected to the new WIFI as soon as I remove the ethernet cable. I have updated the network and password already but it's still not working. Diagnostics number 670838226

Hi LZhang,

Welcome to the community. Things look okay in your diagnostic report. I'd recommend going through the wireless setup process again. Head into the settings menu of the Sonos app and choose advanced settings to find wireless setup.

If that doesn't work, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the new number.
I have tried a few times already. It connects properly when I first set it up but as soon as I unplug the speaker to move it to its original place it stops working.

New number: 969878307
I have tried a few times already. It connects properly when I first set it up but as soon as I unplug the speaker to move it to its original place it stops working.

New number: 969878307

You have a few wired units other than the PLAY:3 and PLAY:5. Are you removing the cable from each? If not the speakers will still try to connect to the wireless signal from another Sonos speaker. How far away from your router and other Sonos units are you placing the speaker?
I disconnected all the other speakers. Still does not work. My speaker is right next to the router right now. 10292204
I disconnected all the other speakers. Still does not work. My speaker is right next to the router right now. 10292204

Thanks for trying. At this point I think it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our phone number can be found here.