Answered

Sonos roam set up

• 3 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

I’m currently in a boarding school and had to hard reset my Sonos roam, as it was not working properly. Now I have the problem, that I can't set up my roam, as I don't know the password to the wifi because I only got access to it by installing a profile on my iPhone. Do you know any ways to solve my problem?

Thanks for help

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 October 2021, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Roam must be set up on WiFi before you can use it. Can you get access to the WiFi password?

If one could manage to set the Roam up on the WiFi then any mischievous individual on the network would also be able to access it and play ‘interesting’ sounds in the middle of the night.

Get a small travel router. Connect it to the school WiFi. Then connect the Roam and iPhone to the router’s private network. 

Alternatively use the Roam in Bluetooth mode, tethered to the phone. Unfortunately as it’s been reset it needs to be connected to a network to set it up afresh.

One option would be to borrow a friend’s phone, set it up in hotspot mode, then use that WiFi as a private network in order to get the Roam configured and back into use.