Sonos Recycling or Trade-In Program?

• 28 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Has Sonos yet created a way for long-time users to either recycle or trade-in in their old Sonos devices, i.e. ZP100's, for newer ones?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Based on what I’ve read.  I can drop off my old sonos device at any recyling center.  Do I need to provide a reciept of something to provide back to Sonos?

No.  Sonos is able to ‘brick’ the device remotely, so there is no chance that you continue to use the traded-in product.  They are trusting that you’ll recycle as conditioned in the agreement.

Based on what I’ve read.  I can drop off my old sonos device at any recyling center.  Do I need to provide a reciept of something to provide back to Sonos?

No.  Sonos is able to ‘brick’ the device remotely, so there is no chance that you continue to use the traded-in product.  They are trusting that you’ll recycle as conditioned in the agreement.

Thank you for your feedback.

Not that I’m aware of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Craiglist or ebay seem to be the best recycle options I've found.
Excellent point. Used devices often go for almost as much as the original purchase price.