SonoS Play:1 Pair not playing syncronous rather drifts into more and more echoing (Paired as stereo pair)

• 24 June 2015
  • 5 replies

My new set of Play:1's cannot stay syncronized .... (Paired as stereo pair)

First of all I posted a comment here at this thread yesterday: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/speakers-not-synced-in-stereo

Secondly: I tried changing the wifi channel (1, 6, and 11), factory reset and rebooting them individually. Nothing works. The Play:1's keep drifting into echoing after about 120 seconds of stereo paired playing. Is there anything I can do apart from all the above that was tried out to get my set of Play:1's to play in proper stereo without echoing i.e. playing syncronized? I would really appreciate a support response to this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you have Play:1s stereo paired and they are not in sync then call Sonos - a chip inside may have gone bad.

Now - I assume (sorry but I have seen this some) that your not trying to play a radio station on 2 different speakers by starting the station on each instead of having them grouped. I have seen where a person started a station on one then went to the other and started the station and assume they would be in sync. Have to be grouped or paired to be in sync.
Same issue. Please contact me or tell me how.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Next time they go out of sync submit a diagnostic and then phone Sonos with the number
They are pretty good
I have the same problem, can someone from SONOS contact me to try ti find a solution. I keep having to unfair them and then re-pair to get rid of out-of-sync issues
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Not much else for you to try, our technicians will need to test a few things using their troubleshooting tools. Your reference number is 150626-000398. Please call us when at your system to proceed. It is appreciated if you have a computer available in case they need to remote assist.