Skip to main content

I wanted to share my experience because there were no existing topics to cover this.

I moved homes and took my Sonos One SL with me. I created a new wifi network, so obviously I knew the Sonos One SL would not connect to the new network. I simply figured this would be an option inside the sonos app to change the network. It was not.

First, I tried attempting to connect and the Let’s Fix It option was coming up at the top. I went through the instructions, finding the sonos product, and then attempting to connect to new network. No luck.

Second, I tried a master reset of the sonos by holding down the join button while reconnecting to power. Sonos was reset, but would not connect to my phone (apple iphone 12). 

Finally, at the suggestion on here through another topic, someone suggested removing the app. This actually worked for me. 

So, in conclusion, solution is to factory reset the speaker, and then remove app and then claim the factory reset sonos product. VOILÀ!

It would have been a great deal simpler if you’d just temporarily wired the speaker to the network when the standard procedure encountered problems. That should have let you go to the Settings/System/Network section of the app and enter the new WiFi details.

You’d have skipped the reset and the need to reconfigure the system with music accounts, settings, etc.

Two different solutions:

• add the new network credentials while the system is still on the old network;
  • set the new wifi to use the old credentials.

@thomasrush,

This Sonos Support document is also readily available and referred to in quite a few posts here in the community…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061