Skip to main content

Just bought a pair of Sonos One. In both of them, the power cable is not sitting flush.

I used the cable from my old Sonos 1 and that sat properly. So it is something with both the cables that came with the new set. This is bad quality control.

Thinking of returning them both.

Hi @aroran 

I do know that the cables take a bit of force to seat properly. However, mistakes happen. I’d just return the speakers to place of purchase for an exchange. . If purchased through Sonos I’d call and ask them to send replacement cables. 

Cheers!

The cables fit very tightly and I suspect you are just not pushing hard enough.

The power cable is apparently the only component common to Play:1 and One. I’ve compared them carefully.

I have a pair of power cables from the very earliest days of Play:1 that I still use for One/gen2 units.

Mine were a really tight fit, used a light touch of dry (not wet/oily) silicone lube on the plug, staying well away from the connectors and it helped them seat with a lot less force.

Just bought a pair of Sonos One. In both of them, the power cable is not sitting flush.

I used the cable from my old Sonos 1 and that sat properly. So it is something with both the cables that came with the new set. This is bad quality control.

Thinking of returning them both.

I’m having the same problem with a new pair of Sonos 1 speakers.

I’m having the same problem too.

If you read the thread, there are at least three suggestions.