Answered

Sonos one gen 2 pairings

• 26 March 2019
  • 9 replies

Can the gen 2 sonos one be paired with a gen 1 sonos one?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2019, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Sonos One (gen 2) cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1

The One is not Gen 2 of the Play:1. There are currently 2 generations of the Sonos One, and they can be paired.
No one has said that they could be. In fact, there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about that on this forum.
Sonos One (gen 2) cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1
By the way, I was looking at Flexson's website last night, and it looks like they've modified some of their devices to mount both the PLAY:1 and Sonos One. I didn't look at all of them, but I did find it interesting that they've done this on at least some of them.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
No, the mounts on the Sonos One are not the same as they are on the PLAY:1, so different "heads" on the stands.

Gen1 and Gen2 are indeed physically the same.

Thanks for the information 🙂
No, the mounts on the Sonos One are not the same as they are on the PLAY:1, so different "heads" on the stands.

Gen1 and Gen2 are indeed physically the same.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
In addition to the question by the original poster on this thread could I ask a couple more please?

I usually buy Flexon floor stands for my Play1 speakers so do the Sonos1 speakers use the same stands? If not, do the gen 1 and gen 2 Sonos1 speakers use the same stands as each other?

Thanks
Thank you
Yes, absolutely.