Question

Sonos One Flexson wall-mount - backward compatible with Play:1?

• 24 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Quick question, sorry if it's been asked but i cant find the answer. I know the current Pay:1 mounts and stands are not compatible with the new One, but will the One mounts (particularly the flexson) work with Play:1? I swear i read this a while back, but i could be my imagination. It looks like it could be, just not sure if its been confirmed.

I will move current Play:1s to living room and set up Ones in the kitchen (would have loved to stereo paired play :1 and One in each room.....) but i'd rather mount the Play:1's on the new One wall mounts for future proofing needs if I ever upgrade living room to Ones.

thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Outstanding, thank you for posting that. Now I have to figure out if I want to replace those two speakers. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year.
I received a response form Flexson. To be clear, the issue was whether the new Sonos One wall mounts will also work with Play:1. It’s been made pretty clear already that Play:1 wall mount will not work with Sonos One due to the Sonos One not having the mounting screw on the back, as noted above.

Response from Flexson: Sonso One wall mount will work with Play:1. Also, the actual wall plates are the same for the Play:1 mount and One mount. If you have existing Play:1 mounts installed, you can leave the wall plate as the connecting part for the One will work with the exiting plate:

**You won't need to replace the wall plate which is currently mounted to your wall. The new Flexson Wall Mount for Sonos One is compatible with your existing play 1 wall plate. Unfortunately we don't sell any of our wall mounts without wall plates.**
Heh. The Sonos One is a word, the PLAY:1 is a number. The PLAY:1 is the older speaker.

Unfortunate about the incompatibility, but I'm not surprised, as you say, the switch, which I hadn't thought about, is there the screw used to be. Since you have both, is the part that mounts to the wall the same?
Flexson NOT compatible with the new ONE - there is a switch where the retaining screw fits on the older model ( find the designations confusing) but I have both.
Hello, I'm not sure about Flexson but I do know the SANUS ones work with both the play 1 and One.
thanks, i'll do that and post outcome here. It looks like it could work. Current play:1 stands dont as there is no screw hole in the One, but the One mount looks like it basically clips onto the speaker. We'll see.
I wouldn't think so, but perhaps you might send an email to Flexson and ask them directly? They responded to a question of mine several month ago within 2 days.