Answered

Sonos Move unresponsive - blinking orange battery light...

• 4 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I posted this in another thread, and saw others mentioning the same thing, but it was marked as an "answered" question, so I'll post it here as well.

Yesterday, my Move was sitting on its base (inside, temperature not hot) all day, power off. Went to use it last night and all that is happening is a constantly flashing orange battery light. 

No response when I long press the power button. Let it sit overnight on the charger, still nothing. 

The same thing happened a few weeks ago and I happened to stumble across something that worked online (it involved the wifi/BT button), but can't find that info now.

I also was never able to find the device to complete the app setup but I never bothered to keep trying at the time.

I will call on Monday, but am really annoyed that I can't use this expensive speaker all weekend.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 12 August 2020, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Orange battery light has stopped blinking while sitting on base. Still completely unresponsive when I press and hold any buttons.

i’m having the same issue - my move was working with no issue until i presume the battery died; i then attempted to recharge it via USB-C and it never stopped blinking orange until a few minutes ago - it’s completely unresponsive at the moment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sir Fluffy and @corianderstem.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out.

I would like to recommend placing the Sonos Move at the charging bay and not make use of the type-c and here is the guide on why I would recommend using the charging bay than the USB Type-C.. Using the USB type-C charging option would depend and vary on what is the charging capacity of the USB charger.. 

Once the Sonos Move has been siting on the charging bay for 2 hours, I would suggest removing the Sonos Move from the charging bay and while the Move is out of it’s charging bay, press and hold the power button for a good 10-15 secs. Once we can confirm no lights on the Sonos Move, place itr back o9n it’s charging bay. Without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by it self and fully function.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hey there - I called customer support yesterday and I am exchanging the speaker. No luck with the issue, but am happy they are replacing it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @corianderstem.

Thanks for the immediate response.

That’s great news. Looks like you’re all set. 

If you still need any questions answered, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re always ready to help.

Thanks,

Badge

This just happened to me as well. I’m away on vacation and just tried to power on my Move. Just flashing orange, completely unresponsive. Super frustrating for a high quality speaker that is supposed to be portable. What do I do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Chris Green_1.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out. We do completely understand your situation and Let me share with you some guidelines to better understand the situation.

A flashing orange on a Sonos Move means it has a low battery. I would like to share with you this guide about Sonos LED status to better understand light status indicators.  On your current location, if the Sonos Move has never been used on this location, you have 2 options. 

• Switch to Bluetooth mode on the Sonos Move by pressing the Bluetooth button at the back and wait for the light to flash blue meaning the device is ready to pair.
  • Connecting your Sonos device to a new router by following this guide.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,