Sonos Move 3 inch mid-woofer vs Apple HomePod 4 inch woofer

• 1 February 2021
  • 27 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys in the community, so I understand why Sonos played it safe and went with a mid-woofer for the overall sound quality on the Sonos play 5 and the Sonos move but see Apple didn’t play it safe and it still sounds fantastic and like I say the Apple HomePod just factually sounds better at max volume. Now I like the treble on my Sonos move better but I definitely much preferred the bass on the Apple HomePod over the Sonos move. I mean the Apple HomePod has a larger woofer in a smaller box. And I couldn’t figure out how it’s like a year and a half older than the Sonos move but yet it managed to output deeper cleaner bass boom/bass bump from a smaller box? I feel like the Sonos move could of definitely had closer to the bass power of the Sonos play 5 (Gen 2) if it would of had a woofer instead of a mid-woofer because the Sonos move and the Sonos play 5 both run mid-woofers. I definitely think the Sonos move could of had maybe near quite as much bass as the play 5 but it could of had deeper bass boom for its size than the play 5 if it had had a woofer instead of a mid-woofer. It probably would of been like the Apple HomePod with the bass. Like the Apple HomePod is definitely not to the bass level of the Sonos play 5 but definitely I’d say the Apple HomePod does push deeper cleaner bass for its size though. When compared to the Sonos play 5 (Gen 2) and the Sonos move. But like I said though I preferred the treble on the Sonos move over the the Apple HomePod. The Sonos move really challenges the Apple HomePod with having almost as good or better treble than the apple HomePod and the move only has 1 tweeter but the Sonos move is no match for the Apple HomePod in the bass category. I can’t figure out why the Apple HomePod sounds better at max volume though? Is it because it might offer better balance near and at max volume?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

That’s hard to say, but in general, not having to worry about the life of a charge on a battery would probably make things different. 

Badge +2

Yeah your probably right.